On world baking day, we’re bringing to you this healthy recipe. Adding only natural sweetness, these healthy oatmeal cookies with apple, carrots and raisins are a yummy treat for your little ones. The sweetness in this recipe also comes from the honey which also helps to hold the mixture together.
Tip: These healthy oatmeal cookies are also eggless so they make for a great vegan option.
Healthy Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
Calories: 251 kcal
Servings: 20 cookies
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Grated apple
- 1 cup Grated carrot
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup Honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil (melted), or you can use butter
- 1 cup Quick oats: Or rolled oats – ground finely in a blender or food processor
- 1/2 cup Seeds or chopped nuts: Choose from sunflower seeds, chopped walnuts, or chopped pecans
Ingredients for the icing:
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp milk
- Add all ingredients to a bowl
- Mix it all together
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Tip: Scrunch it up first for easier lining!
- Pinch off small balls of dough about 3cm wide
- Form into discs and place on baking tray
- Place in preheated oven at 190°C for 18-20mins
- Drizzle simple icing on top
For the icing:
Stir together the powdered sugar and milk/water. Then, use a spoon to drizzle it over the cookies. Serve and enjoy.
Healthy Oatmeal Cookies Video
Store these healthy oatmeal cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days. You can also warm them slightly to soften them a bit if they have been stored. You can also place the uncooked dough balls in zip lock bags and store in the fridge for up to 5 days, if you would like to bake them at a later point. If you opt to bake them later, add a pinch of salt to the recipe.
These cookies are so yummy! You will surely dig in too! Enjoy them with a cup of tea of for breakfast if you want to change things around.
Looking for more inspirational baking ideas for your little ones? Check our foodie section.