Carnival Run 2022 – Race Information
The unique race is organized by Agones Sfc in collaboration with the Ghaxaq Local Council.
There will be 3 events. A 5km fun run, a 2.5km Fun Run/Walk and a 1km Kids Run. We encourage all participants to wear a carnival themed outfit although this is not obligatory.
The 5km Fun Run and Kids Run:
• The 5km fun run (2 loops of 2.5km) will not be a competitive race and will not be timed.
• All participants will get a finishers medal as well as a certificate and a multipurpose head scarf.
• There will be a special award for the most original outfit, best family costume, eco-friendly costume, couple’s costume and traditional themed costume. Part of the proceedings will go to The Inspire Foundation and Alive Foundation.• Proceedings from the Kids run will go towards charity.
• All participants will get a finishers medal as well as a certificate.• Event Program
6.30pm Group Warm up
6.50am Race Briefing
7.00pm the 5km Run and 2.5km Walk
7.45pm the 1km Kids Run
8.15pm the presentation
General information• RACE VENUE: Ghaxaq Main Square• Race
• NUMBER COLLECTION: Numbers/Bibs of all the participants (5km, 2.5km and 1km Runs) must be collected on a present date and location.
Any participant, friend or relative can pick up a participant’s number from Eurosport upon presentation of a valid document. Id Card Number or Photo of the document is enough. No need to bring the Id Card itself. No numbers will be handed out on race day.
• Race Numbers: Numbers must be fixed on the front of your running top for the race. Numbers cannot be bent or made smaller.
• PLEASE NOTE: It is strictly forbidden to swap, change or sell your number to other participants. Participants caught breaking this rule will be disqualified.
• Water Station: There will be a water station at the finishing line.
• RACE BREIFING: A short briefing will take place 10 minutes before the start. Once the briefing has taken place, you are required to be in the starting area. Race can start any time after the briefing. A 1-minute signal will be given prior to the start.
• Marshalling: The route will be marshalled by Police and Helpers and closed to traffic. Having said all this, please be careful. This is a new route so residents may not be used to running races in their area.
• PARKING: PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large number of participants, there will be limited amount of parking, so we encourage car pooling and suggest that you make your way to the event as early as possible not to be disappointed. Once again, we would like to thank you all for applying and ask you to co operate with us to make this event a memorable one!
For more information please feel free to contact us at [email protected]
or via our facebook page Agones Sfc.