– This course is for Junior Chefs who have attended our Junior Baker or who are new to our academy.
– €200 deposit is required to secure place.
– The remaining balance will be required 2 weeks before.
– We will be accepting 10 students in each group.
– All necessary precautions and guidelines issued by the relevant authorities will be strictly adhered to during the course of these sessions.
If your children have a taste for the kitchen this course will encourage them to improve their skills in a professional, yet creative environment.
Covering a range of integral cooking techniques, food safety as well as educating about the use of local, seasonal and sustainable produce this course is designed to foster well rounded and competent young cooks.
– Introduction to the kitchen and different egg preparations
– Some basic cooking methods and poultry
– Pizza dough and tomato sauce from scratch
– Sweet and Savoury Pies
– Middle Eastern Cuisine and Spices
– Dry Pasta
– Baking a cake, assembling and decorating
Each lesson takes a key technique as its starting point and showcases a dish from around the Mediterranean that has been chosen to truly highlight the skills in question.
In this manner, your children will not only learn how to cook some delicious dishes but more importantly come to understand the underlying principles which will give them the ability to adapt techniques to other dishes at home.
Our dynamic team of chef instructors and experienced educational teachers will ensure that your child is given the right tools to become more confident in the kitchen as well as treating each person individually and making sure that they are moving at the right pace for them.
With hands-on cooking, each lesson will highlight the importance of using local and seasonal produce, sustainable food practices and utilising as much of an ingredient as possible in order to reduce our food waste.
At the end of every session, your budding gourmands can sit down and nourish themselves on the food that they have prepared.
No equipment or ingredients are needed, we do ask that you send your children with reusable containers for them to take any food they don’t eat home with them.
An apron will be given to students along with a participation certificate.