This recipe has been brought to you in collaboration with Sarah Bajada. Sarah Bajada, mum of 2 year old Sam, fitness enthusiast, PT & founder of Sky Spirit Fitness Lounge, and now the host of The Voice Kids Malta.
This super power morning smoothie for kids is simply made from a carrot, an apple, a kiwi, ginger and some kale. It is the definition of a healthy smoothie packed with nutrition. Apart from the fact that it tastes delicious, it only takes 5 minutes to make. This smoothie contains sweetness from the apple, vitamins and minerals from the carrots and kale, and with a kick of ginger, the flavour is on a whole new level.
Super power morning smoothie for kids
- 1 kiwi
- 1 carrot
- 1 apple
- 1 ginger
- Some kale
- A dash of honey (if you want to level up the sweetness)
- Add the kale, apple chunks, carrot, chopped ginger, water and ice in a blender. Add some honey if you wish.
- Blend until smooth.
- If the smoothie is a bit thick, add some more water to adjust the consistency.
- Apple – If your kid is not a fan of apples, you could always substitute this with a pear. This will give the closest taste. However, you can add any fruit of your choice to add in the sweetness.
- Kiwi – Try a mango instead.
- Carrots – Try using baby carrots instead.
- Ginger – If your kid finds ginger to sour, then leave this out, or add some lemon instead.
- Kale – This is what makes the smoothie green. You can substitute with another leafy green or use 2 green leaves such as spinach and kale. You can also try using avocado.
Mega Cleaning Hack
After using the food blender, fill with with water, add a dash of liquid soap and put it back on. Let it do the cleaning! Re-fill again with water to eliminate any other dirt or so. Simple hack, and less work for you. Works wonders!
We hope you loved reading this.