It’s always nice to have that treat ready, isn’t it? Here’s a recipe that is ideal for your little ones from a year over. This apple tray bake recipe for kids is also vegetarian and can be made gluten free. You can serve it for breakfast or for a quick snack in the afternoon. We’re positive that the adults will get to love it too!
Jump to Recipe ⚬ Jump to Video
Apple Tray Bake Recipe
Prep Time: 10-30 minutes
Cook Time: 30-60 minutes
Servings: 16 slices
- 4 eggs
- 300g of eating apple
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 60mls maple syrup or agave
- 250g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 300g self-raising flour (or use a gluten free option)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 160°C fan.
- Grease a rectangular 30 x 20 cm baking tray and line with baking paper using some extra butter.
- Mix the butter with the maple syrup, vanilla extract and 1 tbsp of flour until the mixture is soft.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Add 1 tbsp of flour with each egg added. Beat in thoroughly. Sieve in the rest of the flour and fold in gently.
- Dice the apples into 1cm cubes and fold gently into the cake batter.
- Pour the cake mixture into the baking tray.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until golden.
- Cut into slices and drizzle some honey on top. Serve and enjoy!
Tip for Storage:
Add a pinch of salt to the mixture and the dessert will last for a longer shelf life. Store in an air tight container at room temperature or opt for the fridge (if the weather gets warmer).
Every now and then, kids deserve a treat, and this apple tray bake recipe for kids is an ideal go to dessert!
Looking for more inspirational baking ideas for your little ones? Check our foodie section.