Cleverly named,Will I Ever Sleep Again, this week we vouch for the ‘Taking Cara Babies’ sleep course. A simple, informative and sympathetic online course which had my little one sleeping longer.
Baby sleep is a topic and a half when it comes to newborns, from the good to the bad, you’ll hear it all. With my little human, my nights were very broken. I slept a total of 2-3 hours a night followed by a good nap in the day. Although this is totally normal, it didn’t make it any less tough!
Pre-pregnancy, I had heard a lot about sleep training and sleep techniques, but it wasn’t until I was knee-deep in night feeds that I started frantically looking into it properly. Most courses felt as though you needed to start with a perfect baby, something I’m not sure even exists. But then, at 2.30am, when my little pea had decided not to sleep yet again, I stumbled across the Taking Cara Babies online classes.
The course was video-based with minimal reading, and it looked genuinely practical and realistic, so I immediately bought it. The newborn course was called “Will I Ever Sleep Again” and consisted of 5-6 videos between 20-30 minutes long. I watched them straight away, then again a few days later taking notes, and then again with my husband.
The “Will I Ever Sleep Again” class really did help us. It wasn’t a strict routine and they understand that there is no magic baby who is born ready to sleep 6 hour stretches with a few routine tweaks. It takes a bit of work, but with them to guide us, it really did the trick.
Why I loved it:
- It helped set expectations – You won’t achieve long stretches of sleep instantly, but they will gradually get longer and longer.
- The lessons focus on how to put your baby down happy, sleepy and awake – this teaches them to fall asleep alone.
- There is no ‘cry it out’ methods, something that I personally wanted to avoid.
- The lessons are short and concise and give really good practical tips.
- They provide examples, which makes the course matter easier to understand and implement.
- It’s judgement free. I didn’t feel as though I was being lectured or made to feel that I had been doing anything “incorrectly.”
Results in practice:
- I learned a lot about my baby’s sleep cycle, awake windows, play time and nap time.
- My baby didn’t magically sleep straight away, but he did start to improve quickly.
- He started sleeping 6-8 hour stretches after 3 weeks of this course!
- I learned when is best to put him down, which in turn implemented a routine. This gave my husband and I our nights back.
If you’re finding yourself struggling to establish a comfortable sleep routine for your little one, give the Taking Cara Babies online sleep course a try. You can start any time, with classes up to age 24 months.
For more great brands and products to help on your parenting journey, visit our Island Products section.
Our Promise To You
At IslandBébé, your trust is of utmost importance to us. That’s why we only endorse quality products that we would use ourselves. Thank you for supporting our partners so that we can keep bringing you the best local content for you and your little bébés.