Tahini is not something I would have thought to put in muffin batter but, mixed with banana, OF COURSE this is going to be delicious! This Banana and Tahini muffin recipe from Sam’s Bits and Bites is quick, tasty and portable for when you’re on the go with your little ones.
(Please note that sesame seeds should treated as nuts, so avoid if your child suffers from allergies.)
Ingredients (makes 4 muffins)
- 1 Banana, mashed
- 3 tbsp runny tahini paste
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Chopped dark or milk chocolate
- Sesame seeds to top
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2) Mash banana and combine wet ingredients.
3) Add in dry ingredients and then fold in chopped chocolate.
4) Fill muffin moulds then top with sesame seeds.
5) Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
For more great recipes for the whole family, check out our Island Foodie section.